Elise Sobe – Piano Lesson Policies
firstname.lastname@example.org / 248-396-9646 / www.sobepiano.com
New Detroit Violin Company/McCourt's Music Students
New students referred to me from McCourt’s Music/DVC can purchase a “4 for $45” package. With this promotion, your first four lessons will cost only $45. It’s a great way to try a few lessons. When you purchase the package, first 4 lessons are covered. Please note that cancellation and rescheduling policies below still apply.
If you are referred to my home studio, the 4 for $45 Promotion doesn’t apply.
A 30-minute lesson is $30.
In order to keep things simple, the monthly fee is $110. This is an average of that lesson fee over the period of Sept. 5, 2019 - June 1, 2020, so that you will pay a flat fee each month regardless of the number of lessons in each month.
I’ll send an invoice by email prior to the first of every month. It will show what lessons we have scheduled for that month and the total due. Payment is due at the first lesson of each month for the upcoming month. I accept cash, checks (payable to "Elise Sobe") and online payment. You can pay online through your monthly invoice via PayPal, credit or debit card. There is a convenience fee of $3.50 on the $110 lesson charge to use PayPal.
I understand that there are some situations where full payment isn’t possible. In this case, please let me know. I will accommodate a different payment schedule, if I know what it is and it is consistently followed.
A late fee of $25 will be automatically charged if payment isn't received by the end of day on the 10th. My bookkeeping program will send a reminder on the 9th.
- Missing a lesson needs to be communicated to me as soon as possible.
- Skipped Lessons – I allow 2 “skipped” lessons from September through December and another 2 lessons from January through May for any reason. I'll carry over a credit for a skipped lesson into the next month. After your two skips, any missed lesson will be billable, whether rescheduled or not. Be aware that if you use your two skips early in the semester, your next opportunity to use one doesn’t come around until the next semester. I will let you know if you reach those 2 skips.
- Cancelling and Rescheduling -- If you wish to cancel your lesson and reschedule for another time, please use the student portal and choose an “open” slot to reschedule. You can do this as many times as you need during the year.
- If you miss your lesson and haven’t been in touch with me beforehand, you will be charged for the lesson. There will be no makeup lesson and it won’t quality for a “skip”.
- If I need to cancel a lesson or McCourt’s unexpectedly closes and we can’t hold your lesson, we can either reschedule or carry a credit over to the following month.
- Summer lessons are more flexible. There is no limit on skipped lessons from June through August. You can continue to reschedule as needed but my policy of “no-shows” stays in effect.
- Regular practice at home is necessary. At a minimum, for young children, the rule of thumb is age of the child times the number of years of lessons. For example, a 6-year-old in the first year of lessons should be at the piano at least 6 minutes a day most days of the week. The following year, that 7-year-old should be practicing 14 minutes a day. It doesn’t need to be accomplished all in one sitting. Splitting it up is fine. Daily is best. Trying to cram a week’s worth of practice into one day doesn’t work. Your body needs time to adjust to what you’re teaching it. No matter what your age, the more time you spend at the piano, the faster you will go through the lesson material.
- Attend your weekly lessons. Come prepared. Your books and a notebook to record your assignments should come with you each week.
- I hold a recital in June and we play holiday music at a local assisted living facility in December. Although neither is mandatory, I encourage everyone to participate.
- Each student is different. What we do in lessons will be based on age, ability and interests. Please talk to me about your favorite songs and any other performance opportunities you may have. I will help you track down music you like, and even rewrite it for your level if necessary.
- Feel free to be in touch with me at any time about anything. I encourage you to call or text or use the student portal to message me between lessons if you need some guidance.
- I will be in touch with you as well! If you need more feedback from me, please let me know.
Effective August 1, 2019
Elise Sobe Piano
5022 Shoreline Blvd., Waterford, MI 48329